SILVÉRION® 2400 is a water-soluble natural antimicrobial containing Silver Dihydrogen Citrate (SDC), a revolutionary, novel ionic silver technology
for use in deodorant formulations.
Features and Benefits
- Prevents formation of body malodor
- Easy to formulate
- Broad range of product forms possible
- Cost-effective formulations
- Strong activity against Corynebacteria
- Excellent water solubility
- Effective at low concentrations
- Good compatibility with cosmetic ingredients
Strong reduction of bacteria involved in body malodor formation
Apocrine sweat glands located primarily in the axillary region produce a secretion containing proteins, sugars, ammonia and steroids.
Freshly secreted apocrine sweat is sterile and odorless. Typical axillary odor is a result of apocrine sweat metabolized by resident skin bacteria,
namely the Gram-positive Corynebacterium group. SILVÉRION 2400 prevents the formation of body malodor by reducing the number of
bacteria available to metabolize human sweat. A study with a roll-on emulsion containing 0.3% SILVÉRION 2400 showed a 99.999% (i.e. 5 log)
reduction of Corynebacterium minutissimum within 5 minutes.
Efficient malodor prevention
Efficacy of a deodorant formulation containing 0.3% SILVÉRION 2400 was investigated under in-vivo conditions with a panel of 18 volunteers.
- SILVÉRION 2400 is compatible with a broad range of cosmetic ingredients and stable in formulations with pH<7, including emulsions based
on anionic and non-ionic emulsifiers and rinse-off products containing anionic, non-ionic or amphoteric surfactants.
- SILVÉRION 2400 is highly water soluble and easy to incorporate into emulsions produced in a cold process. During manufacturing of
emulsions produced by hot process, SILVÉRION 2400 should be added to the final formulation after it has cooled down.
- SILVÉRION 2400 is an excellent tool for cosmetic formulators for the development of effective deodorant formulations with long-lasting freshness.
Copyright © 2020 PURE Bioscience, Inc. All rights reserved.