SILVÉRION® 2400 is a water-soluble, natural antimicrobial containing Silver Dihydrogen Citrate (SDC), a revolutionary, novel ionic silver technology
for use in antimicrobial skin care formulations.
Features and Benefits
- Active against a broad range of microorganisms
- Rapid efficacy
- Excellent water solubility
- Effective at low concentrations
- Good compatibility with cosmetic ingredients
- Protects against harmful bacteria
- Easy to formulate
- Broad range of product forms possible
- Cost-effective formulations
Rapid, Broad-spectrum Efficacy
SILVÉRION 2400 shows broad-spectrum activity against Gram-negative and Gram-positive bacteria including pathogenic bacteria such as
Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli and Pseudomonas aeruginosa, as well as yeasts and molds. Concentrations as low as 0.1% - 0.3%
SILVÉRION 2400 provide excellent efficacy against harmful and unwanted bacteria in rinse-off and leave-on skin care products.
Antimicrobial Active for Diverse Product Categories
SILVÉRION 2400 is compatible with a wide range of cosmetic ingredients and is stable in formulations with pH < 7. Good compatibility with
anionic and non-ionic surfactants and emulsifiers as well as amphoteric surfactants, allows SILVÉRION 2400 to be used in rinse-off and
leave-on formulations including:
- Liquid hand soaps
- Skin cleansers
- Body washes
- Hair shampoos
- Lotions and creams for facial and body care
- Wet wipes
- Clear gels
Typical use concentrations of SILVÉRION 2400 are between 0.1% - 0.3% in leave-on and rinse-off formulations.
- SILVÉRION 2400 is water soluble and easy to incorporate into the aqueous phase of gels, surfactants and emulsions produced in a cold process.
During manufacturing of emulsions produced by hot process, SILVÉRION 2400 should be added to the final formulation after it has cooled down.
In order to ensure optimal performance and stability, pH above 7 should be avoided as well as high salt concentrations.
- SILVÉRION 2400 has demonstrated effectiveness against pathogenic bacteria and other unwanted microorganisms allowing a broad range of product
formulations that offer significant reduction of microorganisms on the skin, including protection against bacteria which cause pimples and oily skin.
Copyright © 2020 PURE Bioscience, Inc. All rights reserved.